Christians In Punjab

This is probaly the best reponse to this thread because it contains a resource which is clear evidence in support of how christians and their splinter groups target Sikhs for conversions not just in punjab but around the globe. there are even accademic courses in christian universities available in support of this: http://acts.twu.ca/a...8-SP-Nickel.pdf

West London Singh... dont take it personally.... sometimes you just need to cater to visual learners:

post-4878-0-03576500-1308095367_thumb.jp

PM Bhai Ji, nail on head, no more.

I hope West London Singh Bhai doesn't leave.

This will be my last message on this forum, because it seems to be moderated by ninkenpoops:

Just wondering....you know how in UK universities you take different units which add up to a final degree ?........Well a University in Canada....and this university is as large and respected as many of the UK red brick universities.....offers a unit worth 30 credits towards a final degree in....wait for it.....drum roll please......HOW TO CONVERT SIKHS INTO CHRISTIANITY !!!!!

Yes you heard me right. The university course teaches its students how to tempt sikhs away from Sikhism.

You know what....I've come to the conclusion that I know too much to be here. My knowledge is not appreciated here. There seems to be too many people here...especially the mods....that prefer to keep their head empty. So....I'll bid you farewell with this :

http://acts.twu.ca/a...8-SP-Nickel.pdf

I am not canadian, but if this school is publicly funded shouldn't this be a conflict of separation of church and state? It would appear that the tax revenue from one religious group is being used to fund its own extinction.... stupidme2.gif

I am not canadian, but if this school is publicly funded shouldn't this be a conflict of separation of church and state? It would appear that the tax revenue from one religious group is being used to fund its own extinction.... stupidme2.gif

It's all a matter of wording. On paper it's merely an educational class, but in reality they are grooming new Christian converts of Punjabi origin and other missionaries to tackle and prey on the vulnerable. There's clear ill intent and a mix of Church and State, but you can't prove it because they can play the education card. I did a search on Nickel and it's quite clear what his intentions are.

I think it's time, at the very least, to start mobilizing a plan to educate the youth on Sikhi and what it means to be a Sikh. I see this as a wake up call, if anything, rather than a threat i guess.

All this Discussion is a good start. Sadly it means nothing if we do not take the ideas discussed and make a formative plan. I have a close friend that is Cacausian, but he ended up marrying a Sikh girl. He was telling me when he was in Punjab that so many people in Chandigarh have converted to Christianity, because they were offered passage to the West. Honestly the Sikh Revolution will come from the West and New Sikhs. We need new blood that will lead and embody this sense of mission. Current Sikhs need to unite and take action . The old folks in our community would rather play politics and gossip at Gurdwara. Its sad but our community has some seriously horrible habitsAs a people we need to unite. These forums are chance r us to organize and push out the Sikh message. I have honestly tried to organize Sikhs, the only thing I have recieved his negativity. Fighting with missionaries of all sorts, forced conversions in Europe, castism, and all the other issues are something that need to be addressed. I have created a topic called "What would you do for Sikhism today??" Post what you feel you can do to make a difference in the panth.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/61704-what-would-do-for-sikhism-today/#entry501946

I can tell you now that this stuff is nowrearing its head in the UK as well. Evangelical churches that are US based, areorganising tours and try to appeal to Sikhs for conversion and have shown aparticular interest in the Southall area. I know a young ex Hindu Punjabi lad,now Christian, whose entire family converted to Christianity. I asked him about the congregation(West London) he attends, he went on to say that more and more Sikhs areturning up now. At first I thought Rada Soamis or curious folk but he statedthat they were coming to learn and eventually become baptized.

'Middle America', Harpreet, is where the money comes from. Middle America supplies and bibles, the pamphlets, the literature, the resources...but in my experience the foot soldiers doing the actual damage in rural Punjab are the Canadian ex-Sikhs. Let me tell you of how my own relations (christian) from Canada do things......let me tell you of their modus operandi. We all sometimes take holidays with the kids back in the pend but those that have become christian seem to take 3 or 4 family holidays every year to spend back in the pend. Each time they're there they fulfil they're religious duty. After each trip, we find out that flanna flunna family member of theirs has become an isai. They go back to the pend and they work on their chache, chachia, pooah, foofads, masaads and massia. Nobody is safe from them. They see it as their duty to 'save' the people of the pend. At this very moment you can go to any pend in doaba and I guarantee there will be at least one punjabi christian from Canada there on holiday, in each of those villages.

People focus on the public assemblies and services targeting the churas, but let’s be honest, there has always been a christian tradition among the churas in Punjab. It’s nothing new. But the real damage....behind the scenes damage.....are all the jatt sikhs in the villages converting through being brainwashed by their visiting relations from Canada. You'd be every wrong Harpreet, if you saw what I say as a 'personal vendetta against Canada'. Even though we are a UK family I have more close relations in Canada than I do here. I know and understand it well. That is why, over the years, I have always criticised the multiple threads here in which people keep talking about the islamic menace in the UK. The threads in which a great deal is made about the fact that just one sikh girl in half a million has become a muslim. I've always gone onto those threads and explained how I don't understand why we here are making such a big deal about that when over in Canada the Sikhs that discard sikhi and embrace christianity are so brazen that they not only have so many of their punjabi churches all over the place but actively seek recruits from within the sikh community. I just don't understand how a handfull of muslims wanting to convert sikhs with the result of a handfull of sikhs converting can be regarded as a major problem and yet thousands of Punjabi christian wanting to convert sikhs with the result of thousands of sikhs converting to christianity....isn't such a big deal.

Therein lies the difference between the UK and Canadian sangats. The uk sangat get out there and do things. The Canadian sangat seem to be fighting the never ending battle with the Canadian media to try and portray themselves as 'moderate'...normal Canadians. You people do nothing that might damage your good name........you'll do anything that might help you fit in. Its with that kind of attitude that our special basakhi...and nagar kirtans on basakhi......which are obviously called basakhi in every town on earth where sikhs celebrate it......comes to be called 'Khalsa Day parade' in Toronto. In every other city on earth Rupuinder Singh, Kamaljeet Singh and Jaswinder Kaur organise the Basakhi nagar kirtan.........but in Canada Steve Singh, David Singh and Veronica Kaur organise a Khalsa Day Parade. Prime targets for christianity my friend. They don't even have to come searching for you. You take the first step towards them by giving yourselves christian names.

My apologies west london singh, but again this seems like some national pride issue. The much publicsized and critiscized(maybe warranted, maybe not) of sikh girls converting to Islam hit you in the patriotic bone, and an attack on a different sangat became your outlet?

Canadian sangat has several issues, the biggest being disassociating ourselves from terrorism (The biggest case of terrorism in Canadian history was the downing of Air India flight 187 and has been linked to Babbar Khalsa and the fight for khalistan). Then you have the gang violence issue in BC, which has its spurts of violence every so often, and also ends up being connected to khalistani 'extremists'.

And I'm sure there is a host of others. However, christian conversions are not an issue. Yes, christians might be seeking converts at a higher rate then the UK, this comes with the territory and the fabric of the culture. Although, I re iterate you are pulling at straws when trying to find a connection to Punjabs issue of christian conversions.

In fact, with recent programs started at local gurdwaras in Toronto, sikhi is on an upswing. For 40 days at one of torontos biggest gurughars amritvela simran programs are packed at 4am every day. Similar initiatives have been spearheaded in other major cities.

And why hasn't anybody done anything about that class/school? Because nobody has heard of it. Also, that is there right to do it if it is a privately run institution.

And I am sorry that the issue as led you to leave the message board. Arguing on msg boards probably isn't good for ones spirituality anyway. You are one step ahead of me!