What will Western Sikhs do when the whip-hand becomes Islamic in the next few decades?

With regard to female foeticide there definitely was a problem which all Sikh organisations and institutions did not do anything to counter for many years. This was a major failure and something that has impacted the total Sikh percentage in Punjab. When you have less females than males in some age group especially those that will be married and have kids in future this has an impact on the total population. 

Although Sikhs have been improving their sex ratio since 2001 yet the Sikh sex ratio is still less than other communities especially in the 0-6 age group.

In 2001 there were 786 females per male in the 0-6 age group. For Hindus it was 925,  for Christians it was 964 and 950 for Muslims. 

In 2011 for Sikhs it was 828, for Hindus it was 913, for Christians it was 958 and for Muslims 943. So Sikhs are slowly catching up. 

4 hours ago, proactive said:

There is no official data released regarding suicide rates in India  by religion but there is suicide rate per state and union territory. In 2015 the national rate is 10.6 suicides per 100,000 population. By State Punjab is 3.7 suicides per 100,000. Haryana has 13 suicides per 100,000 Chandigarh is 6.9 and Himachal is 7.7 and Delhi is 8.8. Rajasthan is 4.8.  So In the northern region Punjab suicide rate is below neighbouring states. 

Pubjab actually has one of the lowest farmer suicide rates in India   the neighbouring states have it higher. While Maharastra and central india have among the highest in the country. 1000s die in maharastra everywhere. 

The mitti is really dry in those parts   it also has a odd orange tint to it.   Not sure why. 

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

People in india/Punjab sometimes commit suicide over the stupidest of things   it really baffles you. 

Suicide has been romanticized in india movies/dramas. 

The worst thing is the way they commit suicide. They burn themselves alive or they jump in front of a train. That's like the worst way to go. And if they survive the suicide attempt then they live a life with a burnt up face or handicapped. That's worse than death.

1 hour ago, Jonny101 said:

The worst thing is the way they commit suicide. They burn themselves alive or they jump in front of a train. That's like the worst way to go. And if they survive the suicide attempt then they live a life with a burnt up face or handicapped. That's worse than death.

Bro  over the years I have heard some of the stupidest suicide stories! 

2 or 3 years back my nana was on the phone with us. He told us how a young lad from the chamar community in our pind just committed suicide. The guy was only 18 and he had no father his grandfather and mother raised him. He basically was with a girl, both parents agreed to the relationship, but his poor grandfather said him to wait a few years because he is still young, he said get a job, make money, get a little older and then in 3 or 4 years you can get married. Grandad said in the mean time we will even get tou engaged to her. Guy said no I want to marry her right now, grandad said no,  guy then decided to commit suicide by hanging himself!  

Bas  ehni gal c 

How stupid is that!  I just cant get my head around that!

My nana then went to the chamar ladies to do massos    and the ladies turned around and said "chacha, changa hoya mar giya   gandh chakiya giya" !!    And my nana was like why you saying this  he was a young man. And the ladies said that he had already started messing around with peoples daughters, today he was with someones daughter, tomorrow he would of started chasing after our daughters!   

Feel sorry for the poor grandfather the most.

Iv heard so many similar stories from over there 

Crazy place! 

On 4/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, TigerForce1 said:

We don’t need to breed ourselves into significance!  All we need is ‘one’ Parcharak/Leader that can connect with the masses and before you know it, the numbers will multiply faster than anything you have seen.  Sounds familiar to the great leader that emerged in the 1980’s and changed the landscape of Punjab and the Diaspora.  Have faith and pass on Sikhi to your children and spread it to those who know nothing about us and watch everything that happens before your eyes. Stay Chardikala!

we need loads of parchaarak in every gurdwara and programme of education in each gurdwara region , invite visitors to sit in , once you've seen heard sakhian it hooks you