Dead zameer (conscience)

TuhadaDaas

2 hours ago, proactive said:

Twitter is not real life and any Muslim girl showing an interest in a Sikh guy has to be secretive because there are many levels of informants who will disclose any secret she has to her parents and brothers etc. Because of our open and liberal culture a Sikh saying he doesn't believe in Sikhi isn't likely to get killed but a Muslim is. This is what we have to understand, the immoral of the open and liberal can be seen but the immoral of the repressive has to be hidden and because it is from the repressed then the immorality is ten times worse. 

We tend to accept others at face value and view Hijabis as those who are committed to their religion, from personal experience and having lived through the period before the excessive religiosity of the Muslims, I can tell you that their girls were ten times worse than any of our girls might be today. It is just that as we went from conservative to liberal over the years they went the other way. But a people do not suddenly become conservative,  they have to mask the problems within their community and stop it being known by others as well as use violence to stop the immorality, it doesn't mean that the issues are still not there, they might be less and also in secret and brushed under the carpet. While their community will maintain confidentiality and deal with their women in secret, ours will shout ours from the rooftops. You only have to look here for example where some are as fast as lightning to post anything negative that a Sikh might have done which is in the newspaper and post it here. No Muslim on their forums would do that. 

Just as an example of what their community was like, the first openly 'Asian' strippers were two Pakistani girls in 1991.

Oriental exposure - International News - Issue Date: Dec 15, 1991 (indiatoday.in)

Also in the 80s and 90s they had a problem with their girls running away from home with non-Muslims and they used their network of mini cab drivers to try and find them. The problem might be less today not because their girls have become more moral but because the honour killings of some of their immoral girls has managed to stem some of the tide towards immorality. 

Muslims tend to publicly display their "virtue " and conceal their sinful ways.

We Sikhs publicly display our sinful ways but hide our virtues.

15 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think some see the reckless, masculine type of brothers as the only ones with the potential to stand up to oppressive sullay (and even goray) maybe?  

And I don't buy what you're saying: someone good looking, who is confident and in good shape will be attractive to females even if they have a dastaar. And I'm mona saying that. 

Kesh hasn't kept them away for me bro. And it, combined with Saroop, looks way better on my melanated brothers. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I don't agree with this at all. It's only now that we've just started to confront things. We hid/ignored many things for decades: girls running away, prostitution, alcoholism, drug abuse etc. etc. 

It's not like other communities don't have these issues, but our lot were doing the holier than thou crap whilst all manner of things festered and grew.     

He's right about Truthful Sikhs. You're right about the rest. Lol.