Ukraine-Russia crisis

5aaban

11 hours ago, proactive said:

Guru Gobind Singh understood that only certain types of people can become warriors, those who worked the soil and those who worked with their hands.

I understand what you're saying, but I disagree with it.

The old Indian concept was that of division among the 4 varans: Scholar/priest, warrior/administrator, businessman, and servant.

Guru Gobind Singh ji's concept was:
ਚਾਰ ਵਰਨ ਇੱਕ ਵਰਨ ਕਰਾਊਂ ... ਤਬਹੀ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮ ਕਹਾਊਂ।
"I will make the 4 varanas one, only then will I be known as Gobind Singh."

What happens in a society without any level of cross-training is the "scholars" become totally detached from the realities and necessities of the society. Which is what happened in American society and is happening is Sikh society.

Also, if the warriors are only warriors and don't have any love of Gurbani then they will become violent animals.

Now, everybody doesn't need to be a full-on scholar, warrior, businessman, or servant. But everybody should have some level of familiarity with all of those. Now things are totally imbalanced.

11 hours ago, proactive said:

Before anyone should be allowed to take Amrit, especially the men between the ages of 18-45, they should have to show that they have an interest in keeping fit

This is a good idea.

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I was talking to some Ghanian business men and teachers a while ago, and they have a lot of migration to that place from black people from UK/US etc. and are welcomed to help develop the economy over there. 

The problem, and the difference, is that they have their own country. I realize that some things we still could do. But how much confidence could you have to invest in Punjab when you know the central govt could take it all away in a second with confiscation, nationalization, or a change in law or regulations? Even ones which aren't Punjab-specific, but still ruin the investment.

UK is facing bigger economic shock than 1973 oil crisis that could leave families £1,750 worse off as energy prices soar and ban on Russian imports is set to pile on more pressure

• An economic shock worse than the 1973 oil crisis could hit Britain this summer as fuel prices march upwards
  • Rocketing inflation and rising oil prices could hit Britons in their pockets as food prices also rise fast
  • Tory MPs have warned over the Government's policy response to the crisis, amid fears inflation could hit 8

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10595965/UK-facing-bigger-economic-shock-1973-oil-crisis-MPs-warn.html