The Sikh Story: 1984 - Bbc 1 Documentary & Discussions On The Sikh Channel

I posted this on one of facebook pages:

Well, Sonia deleted all my previous remarks so here's another go. My first question why did she lie on sikh channel about doc being non-judgemental towards Sant Bhindranwale. She needs to learn to speak truth if at all she needs progressing in sikhi. Second, she said clean shaven guys on sikh channel praising Bhindranwale were following double standards. Now that she knows about sikhi and 1984, will she stop cutting hair from tomorrow? Since she loves Golden temple and reading Japji Sahib , isn't she following double standards by cutting hair? I understand it takes time and sometimes you are not just ready for something but this is as true for those guys as for her. I am glad none of the callers judged them. She just sounded so shallow when she accused them of double standards. And she said her last line in doc " this attack should never have happened" says it all. Well from what was depicted it sounded like " this attack should never have happened but it happened because of Bhindranwale". She has got good publicity, praises from people who knew nothing about 1984 and probably some career advancement due to all this but like she asked Gen Brar in the interview I want to ask her "Was it worth it"? She might not have control over the programme but if she had researched and knew facts she could at least refuse to act in it. Another argument put forward is they had only 1 hour well yeah out of which about 20 minutes were spent assasinating Bhindranwale's character. To those who say this gives us oppurtunity to find truth about Bhindranwale, well so lets make some more docs which portray negativity about a sikh personality so that we can encourage people to find the truth about them. On Dal Khalsa's statement , they might be right but can Sonia please come forward to accept that Bhindranwale was inaccurately portrayed and that she doesn't agree with background researchers and Mark Tully? Or at least can she come forward and say that she will try to find out the truth? Without this any backing of any organisation doesnt mean much. I still pray for her and wish that she will someday know the truth and will keep moving closer to her faith which has immense power to transform.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandeep Bajwa Congresssia the man behind the research along with tully and the other fools

Basic Information

Gender:MaleBirthday:14 August 1959Children:Jaideep Singh Bajwa, 23 years

Parents:Kuldip Singh Bajwa

Siblings:Sanjam Chima

Interested in:MenLooking for:NetworkingPolitical Views:Indian National CongressReligious views:Sikhhttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000452681977

How could have the programme been fair and balanced when we had a Congress Supporter helping to make it all Sikhs need to complain to the BBC Director General - anyone good at writing letters?or emails

BBC can be relied upon to accurately portray the events of 1984, no more than Himmler of the Nazis can be relied upon to explain the Nazi death camps. (no disrespect to jews intended)

Let me explain.

It was a "BBC documentary". people asked "BBC to do a documentary". So naturally the "BBC"used "BBC" linked producers (bajwa, critic of bhindanwale) and

past "BBC" correspondents (tully, critic of bhindranwale)

We didnt want a BBC DOCUMENTARY painted with their staff's views. We just wanted a documentary of the truth about 84.

Can a Nazi ever be trusted to explain the Holocaust to an uneducated person? We all know the answer

to this question. No one would say yes to this. So why did we think BBC would help us? Afterall BBC can only be as good at conveying media bout sikhs as their employees (bajwa and tully).

We should also know then, that a person like Bajwa who hails KPS Gill as a hero can only cause damage to sikhs through media.

Who would like to know who Mandeep Singh Bajwa is?

Mandeep Singh Bajwa is a Chandigarh based Defence analyst and military historian.

He is also an independant media production proffessional.

When BBC decided to use him as the location producer, they didnt just select him at random. BBC have infact had a long

relationship with him spanning over a decade.

Mr Bajwa has been associated with BBC for over 10 years and has produced a couple of documentaries for them,

including one on sports.

That is why he was their 1st pick or first choice when they selected him as their location producer.

He is very critical of Sant Bhindranwale and has a genuine hate for sikh freedom fighters, most shaheeds, and any sikhs linked with

pro-Khalistani organisations in general. His hate for them is strengthened by the fact that a few of his critic media friends

were sent direct to narakh by kharkoos.

So overall it was impossible to convey the real story to viewers with very biased location producers such as Bajwa.

I solely blame Mandeep Singh Bajwa for the innacurate portrayal of sikhs and events in the 1 hour documentary.

can sikhs seriously expect the truth to be put on a documentary with the likes of such biased people like Tully and Bajwa in the works?

Im not critical of Sonia Deol. Simply because No matter what Sonia Deol did, it would not of made a big difference,

Since ultimately the documentary was doomed to be an innacurate portrayal of sikhs from the word go.

If we think about the wider picture she becomes less relevent. Especially when her knowledge of 1984 is limited. She can only talk about what she is

spoon fed from people she knows. In her case, her teachers are her 2 biased media friends. A person with

no pre-existing knowledge of events can be easily manipulated into believing lies. Similar to the Nazi explaining the holocaust to an uneducated person

example I used. Therefore it makes her irrelevent. I ask sikhs not to be over-critical of her. Through dialouge and more education we can assist her. This has been proven in the past.

Heres an Idea:

Take Tully out.

Take Bajwa out.

Then we have a real shot at airing a credible and realistic documentary.

Mark Tully is not good source at all.. Though it doesn't matter but still shows he can't or won't like to against indian police/army as his daughter is married to high ranking Indian Police official based in New Delhi.

Delhi Camp in sikh attire (congressey agents) will do anything to make congress look innocent and clean in such matters.

I know Mandeep Singh Bajwa and i had many disagreements with him online on such topics.. He calls himself as Indian Military history Historian. He used to post on this forum but left in around 2002. You can read many of his archived posts on our Yahoo Group. I will find the links... From long time interaction with Bajwa, i can easily tell that he is very pro indian govt person and always sounded like he is agent or something for sure..

Did you watch BBC One Programmes - 1984: A

Sikh Story on Sunday 10th January? A discussion on the documentary

will be taking place on Desi Radio on Thursday 14th January. You

can email studio@desiradio.org.uk or call 020 8574 1313 between

2-4pm. Listen in on 1602am, sky 0169 or www.desiradio.org.uk.

just copied pasted from facebook

Guest fordcapri

I think there was hidden agenda for this programme being made let’s examine some possibilities.

1. They made the programme as Sikhs have been recently saying they haven’t had programmes made by the BBC or other U.K main stream channels, in comparisons to other faiths Like Hindus, Islam etc. It was to appease us keep us happey so we vote Labour as the control the BBC.

2. It was made to take the attention of Muslim Extremism for a while put it on another community (us) so Muslims feel conformable and vote for the current Gorvement in control of companies making such programmes.

If they wanted do a long over due programme on Sikhi then why not do something on Sikh philosophy or message of Sikhism in its scripture i,e SGGS.

....Instead they open up old wounds

I posted this on one of facebook pages:

Well, Sonia deleted all my previous remarks so here's another go. My first question why did she lie on sikh channel about doc being non-judgemental towards Sant Bhindranwale. She needs to learn to speak truth if at all she needs progressing in sikhi. Second, she said clean shaven guys on sikh channel praising Bhindranwale were following double standards. Now that she knows about sikhi and 1984, will she stop cutting hair from tomorrow? Since she loves Golden temple and reading Japji Sahib , isn't she following double standards by cutting hair? I understand it takes time and sometimes you are not just ready for something but this is as true for those guys as for her. I am glad none of the callers judged them. She just sounded so shallow when she accused them of double standards. And she said her last line in doc " this attack should never have happened" says it all. Well from what was depicted it sounded like " this attack should never have happened but it happened because of Bhindranwale". She has got good publicity, praises from people who knew nothing about 1984 and probably some career advancement due to all this but like she asked Gen Brar in the interview I want to ask her "Was it worth it"? She might not have control over the programme but if she had researched and knew facts she could at least refuse to act in it. Another argument put forward is they had only 1 hour well yeah out of which about 20 minutes were spent assasinating Bhindranwale's character. To those who say this gives us oppurtunity to find truth about Bhindranwale, well so lets make some more docs which portray negativity about a sikh personality so that we can encourage people to find the truth about them. On Dal Khalsa's statement , they might be right but can Sonia please come forward to accept that Bhindranwale was inaccurately portrayed and that she doesn't agree with background researchers and Mark Tully? Or at least can she come forward and say that she will try to find out the truth? Without this any backing of any organisation doesnt mean much. I still pray for her and wish that she will someday know the truth and will keep moving closer to her faith which has immense power to transform.

There is another person just like Sonia Deol who progressed in her career by spreading lies about Sikhs. Her name was Renu Bakshi, only difference is shes from BC and works for CTV.

These people sell their soul for fame and money. They are not Sikhs neither are they honest human beings. Just slaves to Untruthful people.

These individuals crocodile tears are funny to watch though.

It would be interesting to hear what advise was given by Inderjit Singh, he was one of the main Sikh advisors to this programme from the UK.

With regards to the BBC and Mandeep Bajwa, the bbc, were informed that some members of the Sikh community, were dissapointed with his selection, as he was not considered as being impartial.

Unfortunatley the Sikh Channel, is not being 'run' on a professional basis, but like most of our Gurdwaras, desi style'. This is a shame, as we have a number of professional Sikhs, who could support this channel, but are not approached in a professional manner.

It would be interesting to hear what advise was given by Inderjit Singh, he was one of the main Sikh advisors to this programme from the UK.

With regards to the BBC and Mandeep Bajwa, the bbc, were informed that some members of the Sikh community, were dissapointed with his selection, as he was not considered as being impartial.

Unfortunatley the Sikh Channel, is not being 'run' on a professional basis, but like most of our Gurdwaras, desi style'. This is a shame, as we have a number of professional Sikhs, who could support this channel, but are not approached in a professional manner.

What do you expect when the sangat's money which is being poured into the station isn't being used to develop talent and programmes. If it was, we'd hv seen a difference on the screen.