Dead zameer (conscience)

TuhadaDaas

6 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I don't completely agree they are useless, but the quantity of 'strong' Sikhs is low. And often the 'strong' ones are naiive or can be too friendly with other hostile communities. Ravi Singh Khalsa Aid is one example in my mind. 

I see your point now about Pakistani Muslims and how they are more conservative etc. Too many Punjabi Sikhs are too much the other way in pursuit of maya and see religion of much lower importance. 

Also, many Sikhs make fun of the ones that are in proper roop, calling them 'Giani' etc. This is common even more so in India. 

this is true omg in punjab they laugh at saabat soorat sikhs and call them giani and think they are backwards. Mona sikhs and hindu do this together. I have myself experienced this.

Can you believe any Muslim would laugh at their own religious people with sikhs and joke about them? No. THIS IS HOW FAR WE HAVE FALLEN. Our people are very materialistic and only think about money.

5 hours ago, Premi5 said:

I've noticed male Sikhs generally know more than females. A case of parents neglecting their duty with girls ?

Punjabi females are the worst. Like i have seen their behavior here in university. They have no modesty. I dont think any religious man would want to marry like 95% of them. Even these girls that come from punjab here to study the stories i have heard about them! Like many end up getting pregnant and then the abortions that follow. Alot of the times they abandon the kids too when the child is born. And people think these people back home have more morals than us. How many muslim girls do this? And then these same girls will say that our punjabi culture is so misogynistic. Is that why you are naked in every second insta post and know nothing about your religion? Honestly its not self hate but id rather be friends with muslim girls or indian christian girls than these punjabi sikh girls. Even in my own school there used to be this sikh girl and she would always hang out with the popular goras and go to clubs and drink alcohol and do drugs and then would post about sikhi on her insta and she would even make fun of brown people in our school along with these goras. What a mess our people are.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:13 AM, MisterrSingh said:

Absolutely, 100%.

It's this idea that has lead me to emphasise my belief that the Sikh religion is on its decline because it simply doesn't have the strength in depth (in terms of "time served" from a civilisational sense) to bat away other longer-established religions and popular belief systems / ideologies.

Sikhs of today - and I say this objectively without any emotion - are mediocre to useless even those who've set themselves up as bearers of knowledge and scriptures. Most people reading this will immediately leap to the conclusion that to rectify this downward trend we need to be more religiously observant or stringent in our practices, but that's not the solution. I don't believe there is a solution in as much as "saving" anything. You've just got to let it happen and see where the pieces fall.

so we should just give up and not do anyhting? well i believe the weaker souls who in spite of getting the gift to be born into sikhi will wither away and only the strong sikhs will remain. Wouldnt it be better? Most of these weaker sikhs will intermarry and give up on sikhi. The stronger ones will continue to latch onto it. Wouldnt it just remove the weak ones from our panth.

13 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

so we should just give up and not do anyhting? well i believe the weaker souls who in spite of getting the gift to be born into sikhi will wither away and only the strong sikhs will remain. Wouldnt it be better? Most of these weaker sikhs will intermarry and give up on sikhi. The stronger ones will continue to latch onto it. Wouldnt it just remove the weak ones from our panth.

There's levels to this kind of stuff. Most of what's discussed and identified on places like this forum is very low level and almost naively dangerous in many ways. It's adherence to a strange "hero" narrative that's disconnected from actual reality. It's becoming quite difficult to be "real" on places like here. It's like people want reality to conform to the narrative and character beats of a film or a story.  

On 12/16/2021 at 6:13 AM, MisterrSingh said:

There's levels to this kind of stuff. Most of what's discussed and identified on places like this forum is very low level and almost naively dangerous in many ways. It's adherence to a strange "hero" narrative that's disconnected from actual reality. It's becoming quite difficult to be "real" on places like here. It's like people want reality to conform to the narrative and character beats of a film or a story.  

I think apnay and apneean conforming to, and mentally imbibing existing external narratives doesn't help either.

Being fear driven isn't any solution, as well as contrary to Sikh culture.

I'm increasingly getting that the younger generation (most people born mid 90s onwards) are more mentally soft than I thought. I guess it's not a surprise when you consider that they've come up in relatively closeted circumstances in terms of diasporic socio-political environments.  They've never first hand witnessed people resisting and defending themselves in various ways. It may well be that for them, this is only something they've read about or think is something that only happens in movies and not real life? If things change, they'll have to learn. And freeing yourselves from constraining outsider narratives is a simple truth and reality all aspirational and independent minded people have to do.