Dead zameer (conscience)

TuhadaDaas

1 hour ago, proudkaur21 said:

our lot dont have a strong identity and latch onto whatever is popular instead of being solid in their understanding of gurbani because they want clicks and likes. Gurbani literally teaches all the truth about life. It made me based lol. One example is that khalsa aid guy who spreads liberal nonsense by misusing gurbani. He literally doesn't understand gurbani but twists it to suit his woke ideology that is what is popular today because being a based sikh won't get him $$$ and popularity.

I have to say, Dasam Granth has really helped me in terms of identity and ideas of framing the material world we live in too. SGGS ji is about the atma, DG is too, but also gives practical ideas/frameworks on multiple dimensions about this rachna we find ourselves in. It doesn't hold back in confronting taboo and knotty subjects either. This helps big time.     

I didn't find the youtube music video much dufferent from any other punjabi video, I found it difficult to find the kara in the scenes she did seem to be wearing one, and I didn't see any islamic/pakistani agenda.

In the 2000s, I was interested in bhangra music and was thinking about becoming a singer. However in 2010s I became more interested in raag keertan and really want to revive this tradition. However I would go into punjabi singing if it meant giving sardars recognition and singing about annakhi honourable stuff, stuff to keep youth positive and on the correct root.      I really love the fact that a female singer sand about the adi nangi girls a few months back, that is just part of what I used to have in my mind, to criticise negative stuff in songs. Need more sardars singing about positive chardi kala stuff and also not be afraid at all to criticise!

On 12/10/2021 at 3:03 PM, Kau89r8 said:

Happens in Pakistan for sure. 

Have you heard of himanshi khurana. Panjabi Sikh Singer/actress. Really pretty. She used to post about Singhs cutting their kes and Guru Ji on her ig. She went on Big Boss India, was in  drama with another Panjabi singer Shenaz Gill..these two hate each other. She had Panjabi Sikh bf and she left him for muslim kashmiri actor. 

Bigg Boss 13 Couple Asim Riaz & Himanshi Khurana Call It Quits?

Asim Riaz, Himanshi Khurana Pictures | Every time Bigg Boss 13's Asim Riaz  and Himanshi Khurana floored fans with their chemistry

Apparently this guy is Himanshi Khurana's ex boyfriend, chow aka Kulwinder  Virk : r/BiggBossTV

This was her ex - Panjabi munde. 

image.thumb.png.ed25293103b7cfb4512f01d21549fe2d.png

I mean she was pretending to be dharmik and post about Gurus and keeping kesh, yet shes going around making boyfriends in the typical <banned word filter activated> mentality?

On 12/10/2021 at 3:07 PM, Kau89r8 said:

image.png.3356aabfa1876b3428d77ef9ae68cb05.png

image.png.afff64380bd4c90a0e88473c2311af6e.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shehnaaz_Gill

She used to post all the time about Sikhi and Baba Deep Singh Ji..look what happen to her what bollywood kaljug made her into...she also never posted ANYTHING on farmers protest.. 

image.png.e7ec2b1ddc989beb1c9ed0efa3383a8a.png

I mean, the current Miss Universe India was already a corrupted punjabi sikh girl wearing anything to win these contests, and she isn't even that good looking which is my opinion!

On 12/20/2021 at 2:50 AM, S1ngh said:

All good intelligent and extreme humble pracharaks left this world too early. In my lifetime, i have seen:

Bhai Parminder Singh ji (BC Canada)
Bhai Jagraj Singh (UK)
Bhai Kulbir Singh (Toronto Canada)

I only know about Bhai Jagraj Singh from those 3. Another great sikh we lost was Sant Singh Maskeen, although he left at an old age and not early. But he is missed!

On 12/9/2021 at 4:05 PM, Jassu said:

Why does he have a black girl in his other video? Are Pakistani Muslim men trying to groom black women too? Don’t you see how ridiculous this is?

the bigger issue is why the hell are Sikh girls even agreeing to be part of videos like these? Isn’t THAT the bigger issue? Where are their parents?

she’s clearly not under 18 or a minor, she’s a grown woman. 

On 12/9/2021 at 4:09 PM, Jassu said:

No. But whose fault is that? The singers? lol. No. The girl AGREED to be in the video for money. Why? Probably because of her upbringing and how her parents raised her. 

On 12/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, dallysingh101 said:

What SS is doing is wrong. What the broads in the videos are doing is tacky and cheap, and sends the wrong message to other Sikh sisters, and it does work to try and normalise such behaviour in the community,  which some of the young impressionable girls watching will emulate when older. 

No one comes out of this looking good.  

You need to stop sending mixed messages about it. Don't make statements like you did earlier (which I quoted), and then turn around and downplay this crap. 

This IS NOT Panjabi culture, it's some new 'modren' hybrid thing.  

If any Sikh forum has any point, it would be to condemn this type of stuff and offer an alternative to it. 

to be honest I can't even see her kara, looks more like a common bangle in scenes where she is wearing one!

On 12/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Wouldn't it be great for you if china invaded india?

probably wouldn't. Although maybe in the chaos we could take advantage of it for azaadi ?

1 hour ago, ipledgeblue said:

to be honest I can't even see her kara, looks more like a common bangle in scenes where she is wearing one!

probably wouldn't. Although maybe in the chaos we could take advantage of it for azaadi ?

Lol. Yeah that was a little jokey joke. Based on something somebody said. 

I agree with you though about taking advantage. 

2 hours ago, Premi5 said:

@dallysingh101 - please find them, jee!

Bro, you posted this:

Maybe a lack of visible role models in media, and lack of Sikhs emphasising female role models in Sikh Itihaas

And I think you are bang on point. We have loads of male Sikh role models, we really need to bring forth female role models in a way that the modern apnee can relate to. We have many inspiring, brave male Sikh role models for boys, we really need to put a lot more focus on the bibis now, or they'll just end up looking up to Kardasians, or Monica Gill types....and then they are largely lost.